Herby Bacon Quiche Cups
Serves 8 – Recipe by Sophie Gray
- 5 size 7 Henergy Cage Free eggs
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- ¾ cup milk
- Additional ¼ cup milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 mushrooms, chopped
- 2 rashers bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or chives
- ⅓ cup tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper
- In a non-stick pan cook onion, bacon and mushrooms until the bacon is starting to colour and the onions are soft and set aside.
- While vegetables and bacon are cooking, prepare crust.
- In a processer place flour, salt, herbs and butter and pulse to combine.
- Add ¾ cup of milk and pulse until dough comes together.
- Roll dough on floured board until only a couple of cms thick and cut into 12 circles to line muffin pan cups.
- Whisk together eggs, ¼ cup milk, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pour into pan with cooked bacon and cook for 1 - 2 minutes ore until eggs are just starting to set - this makes it easier to spoon the bacon and egg filling into the cups. Place a dollop of tomato sauce into the bottom of each cup and top with a spoonful of the filling
- When all the cups are filled bake for 15 minutes or until cups are golden and filling is set.