Tradtional Egg Custard
- 2 Henergy Cage Free egg yolks
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl until pale and creamy. Whisk in the cornflour until smooth.
- At the same time heat the milk and vanilla in a small saucepan until just about boiling.
- Gradually pour the milk into the egg yolk mixture while continuing to constantly whisk.
- Return the custard mixture to the pan and place over a gentle heat.
- Stir constantly until the custard boils and thickens.
- Pour into a jug and cover with clingfilm until you are ready to serve.
To make a thin custard that is more pourable just omit the cornflour.