Sticky Lemon Loaf
- 125g butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Henergy Cage-Free eggs
- juice and finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- juice of 2 lemons
- Preheat the oven to 170 C. Line a 23 cm loaf pan with baking paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy, add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in the lemon juice, rind, yoghurt and flour.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, smoothing the surface.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the loaf is well coloured and tests cooked.
- While the loaf is cooking heat the 1/2 cup sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Allow to boil and then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Let the cooked loaf sit for 5 minutes before pouring over the syrup.