Spinach and Feta Rolls
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 300g spinach, chopped and tough stems removed
- 1 teaspooon dried dill tips
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Henergy Cage Free eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 Henergy Cage Free egg lightly whisked or milk, to brush pastry
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Heat a film of oil in a large frying pan and gently cook onion and garlic until tender.
- Add the spinach to the pan, increase heat and cook until spinach is wilted and obvious liquid evaporated.
- Transfer the onion and spinach to a bowl and mix in the dill, mint, breadcrumbs, feta, Parmesan and eggs. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon a log of filling along one end of a pastry sheet and roll over to a 1.5cm overlap. Press to seal.
- Continue with remainder of the filling and pastry. Cut into lengths and place seam side down on a cold tray.
- Brush the pastry with egg or milk if using and bake for 15-20 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Makes 12-20 depending on size.