Roast Vegetable Tart
- 350g shortcrust pastry
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 200g pumpkin, chopped into 2.5cm chunks
- 1 kumara, peeled and chopped into 2.5cm chunks
- 1 red pepper, halved and seeds removed
- 5 (or so) button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large courgette, sliced
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 3 Henergy Cage-Free eggs
- 300ml cream
- handful of small cherry tomatoes
- 125g goats' cheese, crumbled (can use feta)
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. Grease and line a 29cm loose bottom tart tin with pastry, chill for 30 minutes or more.
- Arrange the onion, pumpkin, kumara and red pepper in a single layer in a roasting dish. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the vegetables for 20 minutes or until just tender and starting to colour on the edges, add the mushrooms, courgettes and thyme leaves for the last 10 minutes of cooking. Remove from the oven when cooked and set aside. Once cool enough to handle then slice the pepper.
- Cover the pastry with baking paper and weights and bake for 15 minutes before removing the weights and paper and returning to the oven until the the pastry is a light biscuit colour and firm. Make sure that any gaps in the pastry are patched with extra pastry before you return the shell to the oven. This will prevent the filling from leaking later.
- Whisk the eggs and cream together in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the vegetables in the tart case and pour over the egg filling.
- Add the tomatoes and sprinkle with the goats' cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes in the lower part of the oven until the filling is just set. Allow to cool a little before cutting into slices and serving.