Quick and Easy Apple Cake
- 2 Henergy cage-free eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 cup self raising flour
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped into 2cm chunks
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease and line the base of a 26cm spring form ring tin.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Pour in the butter and mix well and then fold in the flour, lemon zest and lastly apples.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared tin and smooth the surface.
- Sprinkle with hazelnuts.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until cake tests cooked.
- Allow to cool in the tin before removing.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.