Moist Courgette Loaf
- 3 Henergy Cage-free eggs
- 3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups pureed courgettes/marrow
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon each; baking powder, baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 170 C and line a 27cm loaf tin.
- Beat eggs, sugars and oil until well mixed.
- Mix in remaining ingredients and then pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 1 hour or until loaf tests cooked when a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.
This can be made with marrows or courgettes, freeze any excess puree for future loaves.