Mango and Raspberry Tiramisu
- 6 Henergy Cage Free Egg Yolks
- 175g caster sugar
- 300ml cream
- 500g mascarpone
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brandy (optional)
- 1/2 cup fruit juice (e.g. mango)
- 24 sponge finger biscuits
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 400g can sliced mango or sliced fresh mango
- Place the egg yolks and sugar in a large heat-proof bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure that the base of the bowl is above the water level. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar until they are pale, creamy and have doubled in volume. This should take about 10 minutes. Remove the bowl from the heat and whisk for another few minutes until the mixture cools.
- In a separate bowl beat the mascarpone, cream and vanilla until thick and creamy, taking care not to over whip. Fold the mascarpone mixture into the egg yolks.
- Arrange sponge finger biscuits to cover the base of a serving bowl and drizzle with a little combined brandy and fruit juice. Pour over a generous layer of the cream mixture then cover with raspberries and slices of mango (reserve some mango to decorate the top).
- Arrange remaining biscuits over the mango and drizzle with remaining juice. Pour over the cream mixture. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving. Before serving decorate with remaining mango slices.