Lemon and Rhubarb Yoghurt Cake
- 250g butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 Henergy Cage Free eggs
- grated zest of 2 lemons and 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 2 medium stems rhubarb chopped into 2 cm lengths
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 50g butter, melted
- hot water
- 1/4 cup lemon curd
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease and line a 22 cm cake tin or a 24 cm ring tin.
- Beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Mix through the lemon zest, juice along with the yoghurt and then the flour.
- Stir through the rhubarb.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 40 minutes or until the cake tests cooked.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- When the cake is cold, mix the icing sugar and butter with enough hot water to make a spreadable icing. Spread the icing over the cake and then swirl through the lemon curd.