Leek and Bacon Bread Pudding
- 3 leeks, white part only, thinly sliced
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 50g butter
- 6 Henergy Cage-Free Eggs
- 3/4 cup (74g) finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1/2 loaf white toast sliced bread, chopped into 2cm chunks
- 1 cup (100g) grated tasty cheddar cheese
- Grease a 1.25 litre baking dish with butter.
- Place the leeks, bacon and butter in a large frying pan and cook over a gentle heat for 15 minutes until the leeks are tender.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs until well mixed and then mix in the cream, milk and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Arrange half of the bread pieces over the base of the baking dish.
- Cover with the leek and bacon mixture.
- Pour over the egg mixture and then sprinkle with half of the cheeses.
- Cover with remaining bread and then finish with a layer of cheese.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer if you can.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Bake the pudding for 30 minutes or until golden and just set. Allow to sit for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve with a crisp green salad