Rich Gluten Free Chocolate Dessert Cake
- 6 Henergy Cage Free eggs, separated
- 185g butter
- 225g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 cups finely ground almonds
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons strong black coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and line the base and sides of a 23cm spring form round cake tin with baking paper.
- Gently melt the butter, chocolate, coffee and vanilla together.
- Once the chocolate starts to melt then gently stir the mixture until smooth, remove from the heat and mix in the ground almonds.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar together with an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Mix in the chocolate mixture.
- In a clean bowl beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, gently fold a quarter of the egg white into the chocolate mixture to loosen it slightly and then fold in the remaining egg white. Take care not to over mix.
- Cook the cake for 55 minutes, cracks may start to appear on the surface as it cooks but this is fine.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool in the tin. Once cold, turn out onto a serving plate and cover with chocolate ganache. Decorate with mini Easter eggs for Easter or fresh or freeze dried raspberries and white chocolate shavings
- Serve in small slices.