Helen's Latest Recipes
Serves Makes 30 cookies
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 250g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 Henergy Cage-Free Egg
- 1 cup milk chocolate chunks
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Place the sugar and water in a small saucepan over a gentle heat, allow the sugar to dissolve, stirring at times until the mixture comes to the boil.
- Boil without stirring until the syrup starts to change colour from clear to golden and then amber.
- While the syrup is cooking line a baking tray with baking paper.
- As the syrup turns to amber then quickly remove it from the heat and pour into the tray. Set aside too cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Beat the butter and sugars until pale and creamy and then mix in the egg.
- Add the flour and baking soda and mix well before mixing in the chocolate.
- Smash the caramel into small pieces and mix this into the dough.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place spoonfuls of mixture onto the lined trays and sprinkle with a few salt flakes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.