Eggs with Leeks, Bacon and Mushrooms
- 50g butter
- 2 slender leeks, finely sliced
- 4 slices streaky bacon
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms
- 4 eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a gentle heat, add the leeks and cook until tender.
- Remove the leeks from the pan and set aside.
- Return the pan to the heat and cook the bacon and mushrooms over a medium - high heat until the bacon is crisp and the mushrooms coloured.
- Mix the leeks bacon into the pan and make indents for the eggs.
- Break the eggs into each indent and gently cook until the whites are set.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chopped parsley.