- 4-5 medium sized courgettes
- 4 Henergy Cage Free eggs, separated
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup (50g) grated Parmesan cheese
- butter for frying
- Grate the courgettes into a colander, sprinkle with a little salt and then set aside for 15 minutes. Squeeze with paper towels to remove excess liquid.
- Separate the eggs and whisk the whites until stiff peaks.
- Mix the egg yolks with the courgettes, flour, lemon. feta and Parmesan.
- Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Heat a knob of butter in a frying pan over a moderate heat, drop large spoonfuls of batter into the pan and cook the fritters in batches until golden on both sides and cooked through.
- Serve the fritters with natural yoghurt mixed with salt, garlic and mint.
Transfer fritters to a warm oven while you continue to cook the others, this will also ensure that they are completely cooked through.