Courgette Ricotta Cake
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 rounded cups grated courgettes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 4 Henergy Cake Free Eggs, lightly whisked
- 200g ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease and line a 22cm spring form cake tin.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the courgette, garlic and lemon and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring at times.
- Season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix the eggs, ricotta, Parmesan and feta in a bowl. Mix in the courgettes and then the flour.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin, smoothing the surface.
- Arrange the onion slices over the cake.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the cake feels firm and has started to colour.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.