Citrus Sponge Drops
- 2 Henergy Cage Free eggs separated
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/3rd cup castor sugar
- 1/3rd cup cornflour
- 2 level tablespoons plain flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- citrus curd
- thickened cream or whipped cream
- icing sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 190 C. Either use non stick patty pans or line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Whip egg whites and salt. Gradually add sugar and beat well. Stir in vanilla, egg yolks and sifted dry ingredients.
- Place in teaspoon lots on the tray. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes. Best baked 1 tray at a time in the centre of oven for even colour.
- Remove immediately to a wire rack to cool. Sandwich with whipped cream and jam (or curd) Place in a container and refrigerate for 1 – 2 hours or longer.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.