Chocolate Mint Brownie
- 125g butter
- 100g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint essence
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint essence
- 50g dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 170 C and line a 28 x 18cm slice pan with baking paper.
- Gently melt the butter and chocolate together.
- In a mixing bowl beat the eggs and sugar together until pale and creamy.
- Mix the chocolate mixture into the eggs along with the flour, cocoa and peppermint essence.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes until the brownie feels firm.
- Allow the brownie to cool for 30 minutes or so.
- Combine the icing sugar, melted butter, milk and peppermint essence together in a small bowl and mix well. The mixture should be soft but not runny, add extra icing sugar if you need to.
- Spread the icing over the brownie and allow to set.
- Gently melt the 50g dark chocolate with the 1 tablespoon of butter and drizzle over the icing.
- Once the chocolate has set, cut into pieces and store in an airtight container.