Broccoli and Cheese Quiche
- 2 pre-rolled sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 6 Henergy cage-free eggs
- 600ml cream
- 1 medium sized head broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups (150g) grated tasty cheddar cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Line a 24cm quiche dish with pastry. Cover with baking paper and dried beans/rice or weights and bake for 15 minutes. Remove weights and paper and bake for a few minutes more, just until pastry is a light biscuit colour.
- While the pastry is cooking, heat the oil in a frying pan over a low heat and cook the onion and garlic until tender.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and cream.
- Spread the onion into the pastry shell and arrange broccoli florets on top.
- Pour over the cream and egg mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle over the cheese and then bake for 30 minutes or until the filling is just set.
- Serve warm.