Berry Chiffon Pie
- 250g plain sweet biscuits
- 100g white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 100g butter, melted
- 10g sachet gelatine powder
- 4 eggs separated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 375g (1 1/2 punnets) strawberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Line a 30 x 22cm slice pan with baking paper.
- Place the biscuits and chocolate into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until fine crumbs.
- Pour in the butter and pulse to combine.
- Press the crumbs into the prepared tin.
- Boil water in a saucepan or jug. Pour 2 tablespoons of cold water into a cup, sprinkle over the gelatine. Sit the cup inside a bowl with boiling water in it. Set aside until the gelatine is liquid.
- Whisk the egg yolks with 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until pale and creamy, this won't take more than about 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl beat the whites until fluffy and then pour in the 1/4 cup sugar while continuing to mix.
- Blend the strawberries and lemon juice until smooth.
- Combine the strawberries, gelatine and egg yolk mixture and then gently fold in the egg whites.
- Spoon the filling over the biscuit base and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve topped with strawberries or raspberries.