Serves Makes 12 large Meringues
- 2 size 7 Henergy Cage Free egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 125ºC.
- In a clean deep bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar to form a stiff foam.
- Gradually beat in the sugar, one tablespoon at a time and continue to beat until the mixture is smooth and glossy and stands up in peaks.
- Beat in the vanilla essence.
- Place in spoonfuls on a lightly greased oven tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for an hour or until set and dry.
- Remove from the baking tray and allow to cool.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Store in an air-tight container at room temperature, or in the freezer.