Fluffy Ham and Cheese Omelette
Serves 1 - 2
- 6 size 6 or 7 Henergy Cage Free eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 25g butter, margarine or oil
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- ½ cup sliced ham
- Beat egg yolks and water together until pale yellow.
- Beat egg whites until they form soft peaks, and fold in yolk mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper. Heat butter, margarine or oil in a small omelette pan (26cm is ideal).
- Pour in the egg mixture and cook until it is golden-brown underneath.
- Then place pan under a preheated hot grill and cook for a few minutes until golden-brown on top.
- Remove then sprinkle ham and cheese onto half the omelette, fold over other half and slide out of the pan onto a warm plate.
- Serve immediately.