Super Rich Chocolate Cake
- 400g butter
- 450g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 8 Henergy cage free eggs, separated
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 125g ground almonds
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup (80ml) strong black coffee
- Preheat the oven to 170 C. Grease and line a 26cm round cake tin.
- Melt the butter and chocolate and butter together in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the egg yolks and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add the melted chocolate to the egg mixture along with the ground almonds, flour and coffee.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until just stiff, gradually fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clear.
- Allow to cool in the in before turning out.
- Dust with cocoa to serve.
- We like to serve ours with raspberry coulis made by processing frozen raspberries and a little icing sugar together and then straining through a seive.