Serves Makes 6 eggs.
- 6 Henergy Cage free eggs
- 500g pork mince
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 Henergy Cage-free egg, lightly whisked
- 1 1/2 cups panko crumbs
- oil for frying
- 1/4 cup vinaigrette
- coriander and basil leaves
- 2 handfuls mesclun salad mix
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- Cook the eggs in a saucepan of boiling water for 6 minutes.
- Immediately pour off the hot water and cover in cold water, chill as quickly as possible and then carefully peel.
- In a bowl mix together the pork, onion, coriander, soy, sesame oil. fish sauce and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Divide the pork mixture into 6 clumps. Press one into a thin disc and sit an egg in the centre. Draw the mince up around the egg and press to seal.
- Continue with remaining eggs.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl, the eggs in another and the crumbs in another.
- Dust the eggs with flour and then coat in egg and roll in crumbs.
- Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Make sure it isn't too hot or the crumb coating will burn before the meat cooks.
- Fry the eggs in the oil, turning regularly, until golden all over. Check to ensure that the meat is cooked through by gently making in incision in one egg with a small knife
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve just warm or allow to cool. Refrigerate once cold.
- Serve eggs on a bed of mesclun salad and herbs, drizzle the salad with vinaigrette dressing and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.