Roast Peach and Passionfruit Mess
- 3 freestone peaches e.g. Golden Queen
- 25g butter
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 300ml cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 meringues or 1 small pavlova, crumbled
- Pulp of 3-4 passionfruit
- Cut peaches into quarters.
- Melt the butter and brown sugar together and then brush the mixture over the peaches.
- Grill the peaches, turning at times, until they are well coloured and softened but still holding their shape. This will take around 10 minutes.
- Whip the cream, icing sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Stir the crushed meringue into the cream and most of the passionfruit.
- Layer the cream mixture with the peaches into dessert glasses, finishing with a peach slice and a little passionfruit pulp.
- Serve at once.