Rhubarb, Raspberry and Banana Bread & Butter Pudding
- 325g soft white rolls
- 40g butter
- 325ml full cream milk
- 300ml cream
- 3 Henergy Cage-Free Eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 400g rhubarb, lightly poached
- 1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- 1 banana
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Slice the bread rolls into approximately 1.5 thick slices. Spread with butter.
- Cover the base of a lasagne style baking dish with bread, buttered side down.
- Heat the milk and cream together until almost boiling and then remove from the heat.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla together until pale and creamy.
- With the motor running gradually pour the hot cream mixture into the eggs until well mixed.
- Arrange the rhubarb, raspberries and sliced banana over the bread.
- Pour over the custard mixture and cover with any remaining bread slices - buttered side facing up. Allow to sit for at least 10 minutes. Bake for 40 minutes or until just set. Serve warm with cream.