- 6 Henergy Cage Free egg whites at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300ml cream
- 1/3 cup lemon curd
- sliced strawberries and/or raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 170 C and line a shallow rectangular baking tray approximately 35cm by 27cm with baking paper.
- Place egg whites in a clean bowl and beat with an electric mixer until frothy.
- Gradually pour in the sugar while continuing to beat, a free standing mixer is easiest for this.
- Continue to beat for a total of about 10 minutes adding the vanilla towards the end of mixing.
- The mixture should be thick and glossy.
- Turn the meringue out into the baking dish and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and then turn out onto a baking paper lined rack lifting off the baking paper once cool. Allow to cool.
- Whip the cream until stiff but not over mixed.
- Spread the lemon curd over the meringue and then cover with a layer of cream and berries.
- Starting on a long side carefully roll up the pavlova and then place seam side down on a serving platter.
- Serve with remaining cream.
Pavlova rolls freeze well, just fill then wrap in plastic clingfilm and then in foil and freeze until required.