Helen's Latest Recipes
- 2 sheets (350g) shortcrust pastry
- 2 red skinned potatoes
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 185g canned tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, sliced
- 5 Henergy Cage free eggs
- 300ml cream
- 4 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Grease a 24 cm tart/quiche pan and line with the pastry. Chill the pastry in the freezer while the oven is heating.
- Cover the pastry with baking paper and weights and bake blind for 15 minutes. Remove the weights and bake a further 2-3 minutes until the base is a light biscuit colour.
- While the pastry is cooking, slice the potatoes thinly. Melt a knob of butter with a little oil in a large frying pan and cook until just tender.
- Layer the potatoes, onion, tuna and tomatoes in the pastry shell.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream and anchovies. Season with salt and pepper, remembering that the anchovy will add salt too.
- Gently pour the egg mixture into the tart and sprinkle with olives, parsley and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until just set. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before slicing.