- 2 pre-rolled sheets (350g) sweet short pastry
- 6 Henergy cage free eggs
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar
- ½ cup lemon juice
- finely grated rind 1 lemon
- 1 cup cream
- icing sugar to dust
- freeze dried or fresh raspberries to garnish (optional)
- Line a 28cm loose base tart pan with the pastry, prick the base with a few times with a fork and then refrigerate or freeze for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Line the pasty with baking paper and then cover with weights (dried rice, beans etc...), Bake for 15 minutes and then remove the weights and paper and cook a further few minutes until the pastry is a light biscuit colour.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until pale and creamy, mix in the lemon juice, rind and cream.
- Pour the filling into the cooked pastry base, you may find it easiest to pour in the last of the filling once the tart is in the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the filling is almost set but still slightly wobbly in the centre.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Dust with icing sugar and sprinkle with raspberries prior to serving.