Serves makes 25 pieces
- 500g plain sweet biscuits e.g. wine biscuits
- 250g butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cocoa
- 2 Henergy Cage Free Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2-3 tablespoons boiling water
- Line a 30cm square slice tin with baking paper. Roughly crush the biscuits with a rolling pin or in a food processor.
- Place the butter, sugar and cocoa into a small saucepan and stir over a gentle heat until the butter is melted.
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl and then mix this along with the vanilla into the warm chocolate mixture.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the biscuits and mix well.
- Press into the slice tin and refrigerate until firm.
- To make the icing mix the icing sugar, cocoa, butter ans enough boiling water to make a spreadable icing.
- Spread the icing over the slice, allow to set and then cut into pieces.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.