Helen's Latest Recipes
Feijoa Lumberjack Cake
- 125g butter
- 250g sugar
- 1 Henergy Cage-Free egg
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 heaped cup feijoa pulp
- 2 green apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease and line a 23cm ring tin.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg.
- Gently mix in the flour.
- Fold through the feijoas and apple. Spoon into prepared tin. Bake for 40 minutes or until top is set. Place topping ingredients in a small saucepan and stir over medium heat until well combined.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is set.
- Remove the cake from the oven. Spoon topping over to cover and cook for 20-30 mins longer or until topping is golden and cake is
- Spread the topping evenly over the cake and bake for a further 20-30 minutes until the cake is cooked through.
- Cool the cake in the tin for 15 minutes before turning out. Serve with cream or thick yoghurt.