Helen's Latest Recipes
Egg, Bacon and Toast Cups
- 12 slices sandwich slice bread, crusts removed if you like
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheddar cheese
- 12 Henergy Cage Free eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- chopped parsley
- 12 slices streaky bacon
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Cook the bacon in a frying pan over a moderate heat until cooked but not crisp.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with oil.
- Roll each slice of bread out a little and then press it into the muffin cups.
- Place a slice of bacon inside the bread and then place a dollop of pesto, a sprinkle of cheese and break an egg into each.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and then bake for 20 minutes or until white is set.
- Sprinkle with a little parsley.