Delicious Saucy Lemon Pudding
- 50g butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 Henergy cage free eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup plain flour, sifted
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup milk
- icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease a 1250ml capacity baking dish with butter.
- Beat the butter, sugar and lemon rind togther and then add the egg yolks, flour, lemon juice and milk.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until soft peaks.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter and then spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top feels slightly firm yet spongy and is well coloured.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve warm with cream or ice cream.