Helen's Latest Recipes
Delicious Lemon Pound Cake
- 250g butter
- 1 cup (250g) sugar
- 3 Henergy Cage Free eggs
- 1/2 cup yqghurt
- 2 cups self raising flour
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup icing sugar (optional)
- squeeze lemon juice extra
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and line a 25cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy, add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addiition.
- Mix in the yoghurt and then flour and lemon zest.
- Pour the batter into the lined tin and bake for 50 minutes or until cake tests cooked.
- While the cake is cooking mix lemon and sugar together in a small saucepan over a moderate heat, stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Drizzle lemon syrup over the hot cake and allow to cool.
- Ice with combined icing sugar, a squeeze of lemon juice and a little hot water to mix if you like. Otherwise serve with just syrup glaze.