Creamy Smoked Salmon and Spinach Quiche
- 2 sheets (350g approx) savoury short pastry
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 300g bag spinach, tough stems removed and roughly chopped
- 5 Henergy Cage Free eggs
- 500ml cream
- 200g hot smoked salmon, flaked
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- freshly ground black pepper and a little salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Line a 26cm tart/quiche pan with pastry and bake blind for 15 minutes. Remove the weights and cook a further 5 minutes until a light biscuit colour.
- While the pastry is cooking, gently cook the onion in a frying pan with a film of oil until tender. Add the spinach to the pan and cook until wilted and excess water has been evaporated.
- Whisk the eggs and cream together in a bowl until combined.
- Arrange the onion and spinach mixture over the pastry base.
- Distribute the salmon through the dish and then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and dill. Season with pepper and a little salt.
- Pour over the egg mixture and then bake in the lower part of the oven for 30-40 minutes, remove from the oven while there is still a slight wobble in the filling in the centre. This will set as the quiche sits.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serve with a crisp green salad.