Creamy Egg and Salmon Pots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g hot smoked salmon, flaked
- 1/2 cup cream
- 4 Henergy Cage-Free eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease 4 x 1 cup capacity ramekins with a little butter.
- Melt the remaining butter in a a frying pan and gently cook the leek until tender.
- Divide the leek between the ramekins and season with salt and pepper.
- Scatter the salmon over the leek and then drizzle over a little cream.
- Break an egg into each ramekin and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place the ramekins in a lasagne style baking dish. Pour in boiling water to come at least half way up the ramekins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the egg white is cooked but the yolk still soft.
- Serve with hot butter toast fingers.
- Serve with a sprinkle of chives and a grind of black pepper.