- 4 Henergy Cage Free eggs
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels (cut fresh from the cob gives great texture)
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- 2 heaped tablespoons self raising flour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Separate the eggs and whisk whites until stiff peaks.
- In a different bowl lightly mix the yolks and then mix in the corn. onion, coriander, flour and season with salt and pepper.
- Gently fold the egg white into the corn mixture.
- Heat a large frying pan over a moderate heat, when hot add a knob of butter to grease the pan and then drop large spoonfuls of batter into the pan and cook in batches until golden on each side and cooked through.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce if you like.
Having the oven heated is a good way to keep fritters warm and also to ensure that they are cooked through.