Helen's Latest Recipes
- 2 Henergy Cage-Free Eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 150ml cream, whipped
- icing sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease 12 patty tins.
- Beat eggs and sugar together in a bowl until pale and creamy.
- Add golden syrup and beat again.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda and ginger into the egg mixture and gently fold to combine.
- Spoon the batter into the patty tins. Bake for 10 minutes or until puffed and firm to the touch.
- Cool for a few minutes in the tin and then gently remove.
- Cool and then split 3/4 of the way through and fill with whipped cream.
- Dust with icing sugar if you like.