Cheesy Family Meatloaf
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 500g pork mince
- 500g beef mince
- 2 Henergy Cage-free eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh herbs (parsley, rosemary, thyme, basil)
- 1 teaspoon marmite/vegemite
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup sauce
- 250g streaky bacon
- 1 cup grated tasty cheddar cheese
- 2 1/2 cups tomato pasta sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan and gently cook the onion and garlic until tender.
- Combine the mince, eggs, breadcrumbs, onion, salt, pepper, herbs, marmite and tomato ketchup sauce in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Line a 25cm loaf pan cross ways with bacon allowing ends to drop.
- Pack the mince mixture dish and fold the excess bacon over the top of the meat.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Remove the meat loaf from the pan and place in a baking dish with the tomato pasta sauce. Sprinkle with cheese and grill until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Serve hot.