Apricot and Gingernut Ice Cream
- 125g gingernut biscuits
- 4 Henergy Cage Free egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 1 1/2 cups poached apricots, drained and roughly chopped (can use a 420g tin)
- Line a 26cm loaf tin with plastic clingfilm.
- Place the gingernuts in the bowl of a food process and pulse until rough crumbs.
- Combine the egg yolks, sugar and honey in a bowl and whisk over a saucepan of barely simmering water until the yolks are creamy white and thick. This will take about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and continue to whisk until the bowl cools.
- Beat the cream until soft peaks and then fold the cream into the egg mixture along with the gingernuts and the apricots .
- Pour the mixture into the lined loaf tin and freeze overnight until firm.
- To serve turn out from the loaf tin and slice. Serve with extra poached apricots and a sprinkle of gingernut crumbs if you like.