- 2 size 7 Henegy Cage Free eggs
- Cold water for boiling
- Pinch of salt
- Lightly buttered bread or toast to dip
- Place one of the eggs in a small pan.
- Pour water into pan until the level is at least 2.5cm above the egg.
- Remove egg and add a pinch of salt to the water and place the pan on a high heat.
- When water is almost boiling, gently add the eggs and reduce heat slightly to keep water bubbling but not fast boiling.
- Set a kitchen timer for: 3 minutes for really soft boiled yolk and set white. 4 minutes for slightly set yolk and set white. 5 minutes for firmer yolk and white. 6 minutes for hard boiled with lightly soft yolk. 7 minutes for firmly hard boiled.
- Once cooked to preferred cooking time, remove the eggs from the pan with slotted spoon.
- Place eggs into egg cups and serve immediately with hot buttered toast soldiers.
To prevent eggs cracking, make a small pin prick in the shell at the rounded end to allow the steam to escape