French Toast Ham & Cheese Sandwich
- 8 toast slices bread
- 4 generous slices of ham
- 80g Edam tasty cheese, sliced
- Dijon mustard
- 3 Henergy Cage Free eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g butter
- Arrange 4 of the bread slices on a board and top with ham and cheese.
- Spread the remaining bread slices with a little Dijon mustard. Create a sandwich with the mustard facing into the sandwich.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan or barbecue hot plate to a medium heat. If it is too hot and the bread will burn before the cheese melts.
- Pour the egg mixture into a shallow dish and sit one sandwich in the liquid, turning over after about 20 seconds.
- Melt a little butter in the frying pan or hot plate and cook the sandwiches in batches (soaking each in egg mixture first) until golden on both sides and the cheese has melted.
- Serve hot!