- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- Combine sugar, cocoa and oil in a large bowl; beat with an electric stand mixer until combined and appearance resembles wet sand. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in vanilla.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Add to cocoa mixture, beating to mix evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate cookie dough for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, spray cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Scoop a heaped teaspoons of cookie dough and roll into balls. Place in icing sugar and roll to coat completely.
- Place 10 to 12 balls on prepared cookie sheet about 5 cm apart.
- Bake in preheated 180°C/350°F oven until surfaces of cookies crack and interiors still look slightly moist, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Recipe Credit: Egg Farmers of Canada