Serves Makes 24
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 Henergy Cage-Free egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 300g (2 sheets) sweet short pastry
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place milk, cream, sugar, egg yolks, cornflour, orange rind and vanilla in a saucepan. Whisk to combine.
- Gently heat while continuing to stir until the mixture boils and thickens.
- Set aside to cool.
- Line 24 patty tins with pastry (grease first if needed).
- Spoon custard into each and then top with a little grated nutmeg.
- Bake for 15 minutes until pastry is golden and custard still has a slight wobble in the centre.
- Allow to cool to just warm or room temperature before serving.